Create your own Japanese style sushi at home!
This kit contains all the basic ingredients and utensils, as well as a detailed recipe book to allow you to make a variety of delicious and exotic sushi. All you provide are the fresh ingredients for filling, such as: avocado, crabmeat, fresh cucumber, shrimp, or whatever suits your fancy!
All of the ingredients in the Sushi Chef Kit have been selected for their superior quality and wholesomeness to assure you a satisfying and rewarding adventure into the world of sushi making. The kit includes:
- Bamboo Rolling Mat--used to wrap nori (toasted seaweed sheets) around rice and fillings.
- Rice Paddle--allows you to properly toss warm rice with sushi vinegar.
- Premium Nori (Toasted Seaweed) Sheets--offers a delicate, subtle flavor and designed not to crack and break when rolled.
- Japanese Rice Vinegar--100 percent natural and specially brewed with a centuries-old process to yield a delicate, tangy flavor.
- Japanese Sushi Vinegar--specially seasoned 100 percent natural rice vinegar lends the flavor and sheen for which sushi rice is famous.
- Japanese Dark Soy Sauce--this naturally brewed, high-quality imported soy sauce has a bright flavor and aroma, and is perfect for dipping sushi and sashimi.
- Japanese-style Short-Grain Rice--moist, clingy, and flavorful, this is most preferred rice for making sushi in New York City bars and restaurants.
- Japanese Pickled Ginger--this cool, sharp condiment made from tender, young ginger roots, is eaten in slivers between different varieties of sushi to cleanse the palate.
- Wasabi (Powdered Horseradish)--sourced in Japan from one of the oldest and most reputable producers of wasabi.
- The Sushi Chef Cookbook--everything the amateur sushi chef needs to know to create and enjoy sushi at home, including a brief history, step-by-step instructions, and recipes.
With enough pre-measured ingredients to make 125 pieces of sushi, or roughly a complete meal for 12, the Sushi Chef Sushi Making Kit is a wonderful gift for foodies or anyone interested having a sushi dinner party.
Sushi for All: In recent years, Sushi has become an internationally beloved food--valued for both the beauty of its presentation and its great nutrition. Sushi balances a variety of tastes, from bitter to sweet to spicy, in a beautiful presentation that is as appealing to the eye as it is to the palate. Better yet, sushi provides filling and highly satisfying meal that is low in fat and calories that highlights fresh, high-quality ingredients including vegetables, fish, and lean meats.
Get Creative: Many people believe sushi always includes raw fish, but this is not so. The word “sushi” actually refers to specially vinegared rice. Sushi may include raw fish or seafood, but it is by no means a requirement in this delicious dish. Many decidedly “American” ingredients can be used and enjoyed in sushi. Have you ever had smoked turkey or roast beef sushi, or a sweet potato sushi roll? Sushi is beautifully adaptable to individual tastes.