Beauty and Blossom
Maehara Seifun Shiratamako (Glutinous Rice Flour), 7.05 oz - 100 percent Japan-grown glutinous mochi rice, No food additives
- This brand of shiratamako, produced by Maehara, is one of the most traditional and popular rice flour brands in Japan.
- Made from 100% Japan-grown glutinous mochi rice, this shiratamako is an ideal and essential ingredient for making Japanese confectionery such as dango (mochi ball) and daifuku mochi.
- The flour is the essential component that gives mochi its chewy texture.
- No food additives contained.
- Smooth, refined and elastic bouncy and chewy texture of deliciously sweet mochi when using this.
Details: How to make shiratama dango: 1. Empty the whole bag of Shiratamako in a bowl. 2. Add 1/4 cup warm water and knead. *Repeat the process 3 times (3/4 cup warm water used in total). 3. Divide the dough into 1-inch balls. 4. Place the balls in boiling water, and boil for another 1 -2 minutes after the balls begin to float. 5. Put the balls into a bowl full of cold water to chill, then remove and pat them dry. 6. Enjoy shiratama dango with kinako, red bean paste, mitarashi (sweet soy sauce), as a chewy topping for a parfait, anmitsu, or any way you like!