- Made with organic Nanko plums, the highest regarded variety of ume.
- The fourth-generation farm/manufacturer, rooted in Wakayama Prefecture, has grown organic Nanko plums with no chemical pesticides or fertilizers since 1940.
- This artisanal ume paste boasts a fruity flavor and an extreme sour taste.
- Nutritionally, it’s rich in citric and other organic acids, which are known to help restore physical energy.
- No artificial additives such as flavoring, coloring, preservatives, or seasonings are used. It’s all natural.
Details: How to use this Organic Ume Paste: Like umeboshi (salt-cured, sour ume plum), this ume plum paste is incredibly versatile and can be used for a variety of dishes. Use it to make dressings and sauces, splash a little on steamed or stir-fried vegetables, add a dash to soups or braises, and even garnish hummus, pasta and pizza. Being a paste, it’s easy to use in cooking, so you can be even more creative. For example, spread the ume plum paste over meat, then bread and deep-fry it to make ume plum flavored cutlets. You can also mix it into dessert and cocktails.